At Khushi Baby (KB) we seek to motivate and monitor community health care at the last mile. We build and implement community-inspired digital health solutions to empower frontline health workers to deliver informed care for pregnant women, children, and other vulnerable groups.
Khushi Baby is the Nodal Technical Support Partner to the Government of Rajasthan’s Department of Medical, Health, and Family Welfare, responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the State’s integrated community health platform out of the Rajasthan State Data Center.
Collectively, Khushi Baby’s solutions have been used by over 70,000 community health workers in the last year, with independent modules for COVID-19 active surveillance and longitudinal reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health tracking. These solutions have been used to track the health of over 20 million beneficiaries, making Khushi Baby’s m-health platform for government-employed community health workers, the second largest in the world. Beyond Rajasthan, we also have current solutions deployed in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana.
Our solutions have included a variety of novel technology implementations and integrations including Near Field Communication, facial biometrics, and AI/ML for fraud detection. These solutions have emerged from over 7 years of experience working closely with health workers in the field in 400 villages of Udaipur.
We are seeking a mature, motivated, mission-driven Epidemiologist cum Monitoring and Evaluation lead to join our team to take overall responsibilities of M&E of the programs & solutions KB has developed/is dealing with in order to support KB to grow further & sustain through advocacy for a range of stakeholders, especially the state & central government, to adapt and scale the solutions including our recently initiated innovation model of "integrated community health platform".
- Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against Khushi Baby’s goals and objectives
- Take lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement. In addition, facilitate periodic evaluations of KB’s work impacts to determine the impact levels.
- Design and implementation of an M&E plan to track programme outputs, outcome and impact (against the programme goals), to strengthen programme implementation and inform health knowledge base
- Deep diving into the data to fetch insight of the programme for further development / improvement of the programme to align with the KB’s goal
- Package complex scientific information for a range of stakeholders in an easily understandable and appropriate format for non-scientists, and disseminate as appropriate.
- Stakeholder engagement and coordination, including state and central government, development partners, communities and other implementing partners
- Develop the policy brief using data analytics based on the programme’s outcome and disseminate the same among various stakeholders including state government.
- Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within Khushi Baby based on existing data for continuous improvement of programme delivery.
- Generation, analysis and packaging of evidence to support evidence-based decision making and to support advocacy and accountability efforts
- Support the preparation and monitoring of annual work plans of the organization
- Sharing of plans and lessons learnt and ensuring the collection and dissemination of best practices
- Support development and use of dashboards/data visualization package to interpret and analyze key indicators (performance/monitoring) of the projects KB is dealing with
- Support development/customization of KB digital solutions and participate in their implementation and analysis
- Ensure evidence based effective programme management
- Support the preparation of good technical reports on activities undertaken including programme reports.
- Capacity building of the staff pertaining to data utilization, representation at various levels
- A full time Masters/ PhD degree/ in Epidemiology/Biostatistics/Public Health/Health Economics/Demography/Population Studies
- Substantial experience working on quantitative/qualitative research in the health sector, including gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong experience in monitoring and evaluating of health programmes, including designing of M&E systems
- Strong coding skills (R or Python with SQL) for data handling, cleaning, imputation and statistics through reliable and replicable analysis (version control, code organization, collaborating with others on code base).
- Exceptional proficiency in applying and interpreting statistical methods. Candidates should be directly familiar with most of: regression (linear, logistical, mixed-effects), decision trees, cluster analysis, factor analysis, latent class analysis, principal components analysis. In-depth knowledge of methods' assumptions, advantages and disadvantages is required.
- Knowledge of quasi-experimental methods (instrumental variables, regression discontinuity, etc.) given most data we work with is observational.
- Experience on AI and conducting geospatial analyses will be added advantage
- Strong experience on communicating evidence effectively to different stakeholders to better inform health planning, decision making, advocacy and accountability efforts
- Excellent understanding of Indian Public Health System
- Experience in M-Health domain would be an added advantage
- Evidence of experience in capacity building and delivery of technical assistance
- Strong coordination and planning skills
- Experience of working within or in support of government at national and/or state level
- Self-starter, can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
- Good understanding and spoken skills in Hindi
- Willingness to be based in Rajasthan with some extent of travel within or out of state.
Remuneration offered will be best as per the market standards commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skill sets.
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your detailed CV with a writing sample, specifically mentioning the "post applied for" in subject line to [email protected]
Khushi Baby is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, caste, creed, age, disability, income-level, or belief system and we strongly encourage applications from those who have overcome hardships in their lives.