We are seeking a mission-driven Android Engineer to join our lean technology team to help sustain existing solutions and help us build out our forthcoming integrated community health platform to serve as a model innovation for the Central Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
This frontend engineer will work with our Android Lead, Backend Lead, Implementation and Testing Lead, Program Lead, and Design and Impact Leads to build and maintain robust, compliant, and scalable Android application modules.
We are looking for passionate, self-starters and team players who want to make a positive impact on the health of mothers and children from underserved communities by applying their deep knowledge of technology as a vehicle for impact.
- Applications:1) COVID-19 screening, vaccine monitoring and community health tracking, 2)Khushi Baby Reproductive and Child Health Solution
,3)Khushi Baby Integrated Community Health Platform, 4)Health Worker Diligence and High Risk Prediction module in collaboration with Google AI for Social Good
,5)NFC adapter module
- Ensuring end-to-end encryption, version control and backwards compatibility, automated testing, systematic documentation
- Conducting field tests and analyzing automated user metrics to understand and improve user interface
Background, Skills & Experience
- A willingness to put our mission first and to go to the last mile to ensure your solution is creating impact
- 2+ years of professional working experience developing Android applications
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Proficiency with JAVA, XML, Android SDK, PostGres, MySQL, Git, Firebase
- Knowledge of MVP, MVC, MVVM design patterns
- Background in public health, ICT4D, and digital health standard frameworks
- Experience with building offline-online capable apps
- Experience with facial biometrics, Near Field Communication, edge analytics
- Development of currently live Android applications with over 1,000 downloads and 4+ rating on Playstore